IPC::Locker
  Parallel::Forker
  Voneline
General Info
  Papers

Error on 2D array of interface

Added by Ânderson Ignacio Da Silva 11 months ago

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if Verilator 4.018 supports 2D array of interfaces like the one below:

I'm asking this cause once I try to compile some code that has this kinda of instantiation it fails on compilation inferences....

array.png View (37.6 KB)

error.png View (16.6 KB)

Replies (2)

RE: Error on 2D array of interface - Added by Wilson Snyder 11 months ago

This is unsupported by mistake, that is a bug in translating the grammar. Even Verilog-Perl which is the basis for the grammar has this incorrect.

I'd caution that given no one has noticed until now in Verilog-Perl that is fairly well used, this might not be well supported by other tools either. Is this something you personally coded, or from common IP?

Please file a bug asking to support this. I'll make an attempt to fix it, it might be straightforward.

RE: Error on 2D array of interface - Added by Ânderson Ignacio Da Silva 11 months ago

Hi Wilson,

thanks for the quick answer, indeed this is part of APU cluster (auxiliary processing unit from PULP-TEAM RV group) available at their repositories. My guess is that they are using VCS and did not generated any solution using verilator apu cluster (ri5cy+shared units) that why it wasn't raised by them before.

https://github.com/pulp-platform/apu_cluster/blob/master/sourcecode/apu_cluster.sv#L88

(1-2/2)