sameHash error on type parameters after 4.014
when building the ariane core (https://github.com/pulp-platform/ariane) with the current master, I get the following internal error:
%Error: Internal Error: /data/ariane/src/load_store_unit.sv:211: ../V3Hashed.cpp:70: sameHash function undefined (returns 0) for node under CFunc. ... See the manual and http://www.veripool.org/verilator for more assistance.
I can try to bisect or look into candidates later this month. It works with 4.014
#1 Updated by Todd Strader 6 months ago
Ugh, smells like this guy: https://www.veripool.org/issues/1427-Verilator-Incorrect-real-parameter-assignment
I probably still have this swapped in. I'll pull the Ariane repo and see what I can find.
#2 Updated by Todd Strader 6 months ago
Looks like I broke something with parameter types: https://github.com/toddstrader/verilator-dev/tree/samehash-fix
I'll work on a fix.
#3 Updated by Todd Strader 6 months ago
This fixes the Ariane build, but my new test still has issues: https://github.com/toddstrader/verilator-dev/tree/bug_escapes_to_cpp
It's possible that those issues predate my #1427 fix. I'm still investigating.
#4 Updated by Todd Strader 6 months ago
- I broke type parameters (under certain circumstances) with my #1427 fix. That should be resolved now.
- Dotted references to type parameters don't seem to work correctly. See the commented out portions of my new test. I'm always getting $bits() == 32. Which is interesting because that's not the default type size. I guess it just returns the size of an int or something.
Wilson, what do you want to do here? Do you want to land this in two parts? If so, #1 should be ready here: https://github.com/toddstrader/verilator-dev/tree/samehash-fix And if we're landing in two parts I'll open another issue. I'd prefer this, because fixing #2 isn't at the top of my list right now.
#5 Updated by Wilson Snyder 6 months ago
- Subject changed from Internal error after 4.014 to sameHash error on type parameters after 4.014
- Category set to TranslationError
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Todd, great patch, thanks. Merged that, please file another bug if you can't look at #2, as I can't look immediately either.
Pushed to git towards 4.015.
#6 Updated by Todd Strader 6 months ago
Sorry, one more update to the same branch: https://github.com/toddstrader/verilator-dev/tree/samehash-fix
It dawned on me that this test should have a --debug-collision variant.
#8 Updated by Todd Strader 6 months ago
Sorry, what do you think is missing? This commit hash the additional --debug-collision test: https://github.com/toddstrader/verilator-dev/commit/1c99e6f908670d699c264c145f89e0d4391a73b7
Also available in: Atom