Introduction to SVN-S4
Written by Bryce Denney and Wilson Snyder <email@example.com>.
S4 is no longer being supported. It was written at SiCortex, then used
at Marvell through 2020 at which point all active projects moved to
The SVN::S4 package provides additional utilities for the Subversion Revision Control System.
Command Line Features
- "s4 add" performs a normal subversion add, then do a
"s4 fixprop" on all of the new files.
- "s4 checkout" is extended if the top directory that
you check out contains a file called Project.viewspec. If Project.viewspec
is present, s4 allows you to create a "view" composed of subversion
directories from different areas of the same repository, automatically.
This uses SVN externals, but the user does not need to know how the
externals tree is constructed, and can then deal with the "view" as if it
was the real layout of the repository.
- "s4 snapshot" generates a compact patch file that
describes how to reproduce a svn working copy exactly.
- "s4 scrub" turns a "used" source tree into a pristine
one, as efficiently as it can. This equivelent to, but much faster than a
"rm -rf" followed by svn checkout.
- "s4 update" is extended to support views, as with "s4